Why work at Wensley Architecture?
From offices in downtown Vancouver and Victoria, Wensley Architecture Ltd. (WA) provides a full range of architectural, planning and interior design services. With more than thirty years of practice in Western Canada, our firm is widely recognized for expertise in retail, residential, mixed-use, office and senior health-care projects. A recent Georgie Award Winner for high quality and building excellence, we are dedicated to exceptional client service and the incorporation of sustainable design principles in our projects.
We recognize our hard work with Friday afternoon socials, office-wide lunches, annual Family Day picnics, a comfortable work environment, and employee anniversary recognition, to name a few.
We go beyond with our support of non-profit organization and causes. We provide support annually to Drive for the Cure and the Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation. We participate as a team in runs for a cause (ex. Scotiabank 5km) and provide sponsorship throughout the year to organizations within our industry.
WA offers a competitive salary, health benefits and continuing education opportunities.
Enough about us. If you believe you would be a good fit at WA, we'd love to hear from you. Below are our current career openings.
Architect/Project Manager (Vancouver)
We are seeking a Canadian Registered Architect to coordinate projects and project teams from our Vancouver office with minimal supervision through design development, construction documents preparation, and construction period services. The successful proponent will manage client relationships and team communication and will be responsible for reviewing work and quality control.
Required skills and expertise:
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience in the Canadian Architectural Industry;
- Registered as an Architect in Canada, preferably BC;
- Broad skillset, including design, and proven ability to run projects independently;
- Minimum 10 years’ project management experience including the coordination of a team during design and construction documents preparation;
- Multi-disciplinary experience, specifically mixed use residential, retail and office, both new designs and renovations;
- In-depth knowledge of the BC Building Code Part 3 and ASHRAE 90.1 (understanding of NECB would be an asset);
- Experience conducting field reviews;
- Advanced skills in SketchUp and AutoCAD (knowledge of Revit would be an asset);
- Demonstrated expertise in building technology including wood frame, steel and concrete construction;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral;
- Ability to meet challenges head-on;
- Cultivated problem solving skills.
Applicants should be prepared to provide samples of their work including working drawings and contract administration documents and three professional references, and should be available to start two weeks from acceptance of offer of employment.
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and the position, Architect/Project Manager (Vancouver), in the subject of your email. We thank all who apply, but will only be contacting applicants who meet all of our requirements.
Intermediate - Senior Technologist (Victoria)
We have an opening for an Intermediate - Senior Technologist in our Victoria office with the following required skills and expertise:
• Minimum 6+ years' relevant experience with a British Columbia Architectural firm;
• Completion of a certified Building Technology or Architectural program in a professionally recognized institution;
• Demonstrated expertise in building technology including wood frame, steel and concrete construction, for low-rise and mid-rise projects;
• Familiarity with municipal approvals processes;
• Knowledge of the BC Building Code Part 3 and ASHRAE 90.1;
• Experience in a variety of project types, including multi-family residential, mixed use, retail, and office;
• High level of proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp and Photoshop;
• Understanding of sustainable design considerations;
• Ability to manage priorities and meet tight deadlines;
• Ability to effectively coordinate with clients, consultants, and Municipal staff; and
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills in English.
Please email your resume and samples of your work in PDF format to email@example.com. Include your name and the position, Intermediate - Senior Technologist (Victoria), in the subject of your email.